- Shetland (see advert), ZE1 000
- £13.35 - £16.20 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Permanent & Temporary & Casual
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
This position has expired.
- Contracted posts – various hours per week / various locations throughout Shetland
- Relief work – various locations
Are you an experienced carer ready for a new challenge, or looking for an opportunity to develop, or return to, a career in care? If so, Community Care Resources within the Shetland Community Health and Social Care Service are recruiting to existing care teams and would welcome an application from you. There is a wide variety of hours per week available for Social Care Worker positions, and/or the chance to join the service as a Relief Worker.
Please consider this exciting opportunity to join us in providing exceptional levels of service to people we support.
Salary: £25,777.29 - £31,279.67 per annum (F-G/H) inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance
Where appropriate, a relocation package may apply to contracted posts and we will pay interview expenses from within the UK.
The Shetland Islands are an archipelago located north east of Scotland. Shetland is home to fantastic wildlife and beautiful scenery. The islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly island communities, great leisure facilities, low pollution, low crime and excellent schools.
About the service: Community Care Resources is an integrated residential, care at home and day care service forming a Shetland wide community care service. This includes base / care centres locations in Lerwick, Levenwick, Brae, Walls and outer isles; Yell, Unst and Whalsay.
The locations of these excellently resourced care centres and our Shetland wide care at home service, offers a great opportunity to live and work in stunning settings at the heart of caring, supportive communities.
For further details, please contact any Team Leader / Acting Team Leader noted below:
- Laureen Bolger (Fernlea): email@example.com / 01595 745261
- Muriel Forbes (Support at Home Central): firstname.lastname@example.org / 01595744344
- Elaine Hodge (North Haven): email@example.com / 01595 744083
- Ana Irvine (Montfield Support Services): firstname.lastname@example.org / 01595 745253
- Duncan Johnson (Isleshavn and Nordalea): Duncan.Johnson@shetland.gov.uk / 01595 745727
- Amanda Malcolmson (Overtonlea): email@example.com / 01595 745040
- Ann Marie Nicolson (Wast View): Anne-Marie.Nicolson@shetland.gov.uk / 01595 745288
- Yvonne Sinclair (Montfield Support Services): firstname.lastname@example.org / 01595 745251
- Anne-Marie Smith (Edward Thomason and Taing): email@example.com / 01595 745773
- The grades of these posts range between F/G/H
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Contracted posts are career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Relief posts are graded F - £13.35 per hour inclusive of Distant Island Allowance
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- Where appropriate a relocation package may apply to contracted posts
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
- We are happy to talk flexible working
To apply and for more details on the post, employee benefits, values and relocation click here: Shetland Islands Council - my jobs scotland.
Important: Whilst completing the application please indicate what type of post you are interested in: contracted or relief. If you are interested in a contracted position, please also indicate the number of hours per week you would like to apply for, as well as providing details of any particular service area, or location, preferred.
The nature of our recruitment requirements means these vacancies will be immediately re-advertised. If you applied during the last round please be assured that your application is still being considered and you will hear from the recruitment team soon.
Whilst completing the application please also refer to the document in the application pack, Person Specification guidance for applicants for posts within Community Care Resources.
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Closing date: Ongoing Recruitment