- Location: Edward Thomason House, Seafield Road, Lerwick, ZE1 0RJ
- Rate: £11.65 - £14.82 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of these posts are F/G/H
- Permanent posts for 52.18 weeks per year
- 35 hours per week available at Grade H
- 65 hours per week available at Grade F/G (career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications)
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1576 per hour
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 12 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Edward Thomason House, Seafield Road, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Anne-Marie Smith, Team Leader on 01595 745775 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.