- Location: Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- Salary: £34,592.86 - £39,767.03 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service, including the Mental Health function as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is J/K
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Temporary Full Time post for 37.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- Full driving licence and/or the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ruth MacMillan, Senior Social Worker, Tel - 01595 744400, Email - Ruth.MacMillan@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.