- Grantfield, Lerwick, ZE1 0NT
- £16.08 - £20.61 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
The purpose of the job is to provide a professional social work service, including the Mental Health function as part of an operational team, based in Adult Social Work.
In accordance with the Scottish Social Services Council; all Social Work Services Workers must adhere to the following Codes of Practice:
- Protect the rights and promote the interests of service users and carers;
- Strive to establish and maintain the trust and confidence of service users and carers;
- Promote the independence of service users while protecting them as far as possible from danger or harm;
- Respect the rights of service users while seeking to ensure that their behaviour does not harm themselves or other people;
- Uphold public trust and confidence in social work services; and
- Be accountable for their practice and take responsibility for maintaining and improving their knowledge and skills.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is I/J/K
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.1732 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Temporary Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week , 52.18 weeks per year.
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 5 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to be registered with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- You must have the ability to travel throughout Shetland at short notice and where public transport is limited
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Grantfield, Lerwick
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Ruth MacMillan, Executive Manager, Telephone on 01595 744400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
If you’re a kind, compassionate person who’d like to make a difference to people’s lives, then social care could be the right career for you.