- Location: Mid Yell Junior High School, Mid Yell, ZE2 9BN
- Salary: £29,733.00 - £43,647.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Mid Yell Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Mid Yell, Yell. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from Central, Mid and East Yell for Primary and the whole island of Yell for Secondary. The structure of the school is 1 nursery class, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 106 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 18 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Mark Lawson. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.midyell.shetland.sch.uk/.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,235 per annum (pro rata)
- Permanent Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week .
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Qualification requirement: Appropriate teaching qualification
- Subject/sector specialism: Business & Technology
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Mid Yell Junior High School, Mid Yell
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mark Lawson, Head Teacher, Telephone on 01595 745050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.