- Location: Dunrossness Primary School, Dunrossness, ZE2 9JG
- Rate: £17.58 - £25.80 per hour
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 11.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Dunrossness Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Dunrossness. It provides nursery to P7 education for children from Sumburgh to Levenwick. The school has an early learning and childcare setting for 3-5 year olds, operating for 8 hours each day, and 5 composite primary classes. There is currently a total of 102 primary pupils and 30 nursery pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 5 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Andrea Henderson. Further information can be found on the schools blog at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/dunrossness/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3587 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 11.5 Hours per Week
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.3
- Class information, age range, etc: ELC
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Dunrossness Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Andrea Henderson, QIO/Head teacher, on 01595745440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.