- Tingwall Primary School, Tingwall, Shetland, ZE2 9SE
- £18.55 - £27.19 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 14 hours per week
This position has expired.
Teacher of Early Learning & Childcare - Tingwall Primary School
Are you passionate about teaching, learning and inclusion with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people in the Shetland Islands?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of Early Learning and Childcare to join our team at Tingwall Primary School.
Our beautiful location offers great opportunities for learning and we benefit from an excellently resourced high school, at the heart of a caring, supportive community.
Tingwall Primary School is a non-denominational school located in Tingwall. It provides education for pupils from Nursery to P7 (3-12 year olds), for children from Tingwall and the surrounding area. The school has a Nursery and 4 classes. At present there is a total of 107 pupils on the roll. The current staffing complement is 3 Practitioners in the Nursery, 4 full-time teachers (including a teaching Head Teacher) and 1 part-time teacher in the school. They are assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mrs Margaret Birrell. Further information can be found on the schools website at https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/sh/tingwallprimaryschool/
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.4571 per hour
- Permanent Term Time Part Time post for 14.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.4
- Sector/Subject specialism: Nursery
- Qualification requirement: Recognised teaching qualification
- Class information, age range, etc: Early Learning & Childcare
- Any other information specific to post or setting: Based at Tingwall Nursery
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Tingwall Primary School, Tingwall, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Mags Birrell, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 807244 or email Margaret.Birrell2@shetland.gov.uk
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here