- Baltasound Junior High School, Unst, Shetland, ZE2 9DY
- £18.55 - £27.19 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
The main duties of a teacher are outlined in Part 2: Section 2 of the SNCT Handbook. Subject to the policies and practice of the school and Shetland Islands Council, the duties of teachers are to:
- manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning.
- assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- prepare pupils for examinations and where required, assist with their administration.
- contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school (e) develop the school curriculum
- contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes.
- maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
There is a requirement to be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) and to and to participate in the Scheme of Professional Update.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
Baltasound Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Unst. It provides nursery, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the island of Unst. The structure of the school is 1 nursery, 2 composite primary classes and S1-4 classes. There is currently a total of 89 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and 1 Depute Head Teacher. The current staffing complement is 15 teachers assisted by support staff as required to meet school demands. The current Head Teacher is Mr Paul Thomson.
Further information can be found on the schools website at http://unst.org/web/bjhs/
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.4571 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 10.5 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year 39 weeks per year plus 8 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Baltasound Junior High School, Unst, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Paul Thomson, Head Teacher - Baltasound Junior High School, 01595 807020 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here