- Location: Aith Junior High School, Aith, ZE2 9NB
- Rate: £17.54 - £25.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 21 hours per week
Aith Junior High School is a non-denominational school located in Aith on the west side of Shetland. It provides Early Years, primary and secondary education up to S4 for children from the west side of Shetland. The structure of the school is 2 Early Years sessions (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), 5 primary classes and a secondary department from S1-S4. There are currently a total 208 pupils on the roll. The school is managed by a Head Teacher and a Depute. The Head Teacher is Mr Michael Spence. Further information can be found on the schools website at http://www.aith.shetland.sch.uk/.
- A relocation package does apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within the UK
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.3112 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 21.0 Hours per Week
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- FTE of post: 0.6
- Sector/subject specialism: English
- Qualification requirement: Teaching qualification in English
- Class information, age range: Secondary age pupils
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Aith Junior High School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Michael Spence, Head Teacher, on 01595 807400 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.