- Anderson High School, North Loch Drive, Lerwick, ZE1 0GR
- £30,510 - £44,733 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Teacher of PE – Anderson High School
Are you passionate about teaching, learning and inclusion with the skills, confidence and energy to make a positive impact on the lives of our children and young people in the Shetland Islands?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Teacher of PE to join our team at the Anderson High School, Lerwick.
Our beautiful location offers great opportunities for learning and we benefit from an excellently resourced school, at the heart of a caring, supportive community.
Anderson High School is a six year school, serving Lerwick and the surrounding areas, with our associated primary schools of Bells Brae, Hamnavoe, Nesting, Scalloway, Sound, Tingwall and Whiteness. In addition, pupils from the small islands of Fair Isle, Foula and Fetlar attend the school for up to six years. The school also serves all pupils in Shetland for S5 and S6, except for those attending Brae High School. There are extensive transport arrangements into Lerwick, and Halls of Residence accommodation for those pupils unable to travel each day.
In September 2021, 973 pupils were enrolled at Anderson High School. The Head Teacher is Ms Valerie Nicolson.
Candidates should detail in their application whether they currently hold registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS). If not, candidates should detail in their application whether they have sought confirmation that they will be able to be registered with the GTCS.
As well as the relevant qualifications and experience, qualities we are looking for in the successful candidate are: vision, energy, initiative, good communication skills and self-discipline.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is TCHR
- Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,397 per annum (pro rata)
- Temporary Term Time Full Time post for 35.0 Hours per Week , 39 weeks per year
- Temporary contract for a period of approximately 12 months. This is for the duration of a period of family leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- You must be registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) prior to starting in post
- We would welcome applications from flexible route probationers
- We are happy to talk flexible working
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- FTE of post: 1.0
- Sector/Subject specialism: PE
- Class information, age range, etc: S1 - S6 Pupils age 12-18
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Anderson High School, Lerwick, Shetland.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Valerie Nicolson, Head Teacher, Telephone 01595 808008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about: