- Tingwall Youth Club, Tingwall Hall, Strand, Tingwall, ZE2 9SE
- £12.02 - £12.17 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 2.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
The Youth Worker’s role is to contribute to the delivery of youth work opportunities in a variety of settings, including youth clubs and in collaboration with schools and other agencies. Youth Workers will report to a Youth Development Worker and will work closely with other youth work staff and volunteers to maximise opportunities for young people to access social and personal development as well as learning opportunities.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is E
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.2415 per hour
- Permanent Part Time post for 2.5 Hours per Week , 32 weeks per year
- Tuesdays from 18:45 - 21:15
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- We are happy to talk flexible working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Tingwall Youth Club, Tingwall Hall
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Stewart Hornal, Youth Development Worker on 01595 744490 or email email@example.com
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Information about Shetland
Shetland is an archipelago in the north of the British Isles where you'll find freedom, wildlife and wild beauty, but also a rich culture and dynamic, forward-looking society. The Islands have a thriving and diverse economy full of opportunities and offer residents the ideal work/life balance. Shetland combines stunning coastal landscapes and wide open spaces with friendly, bustling island communities. Factor in Shetland's impressive modern amenities, highly regarded schools and the Islands offer a work life balance rarely found elsewhere.
Find out more about:
Living and working in Shetland: here
The Shetland Islands Council: here