- Grangeston Roads Depot, Grangestone Industrial Estate, Girvan, Ayrshire, KA26 9AG
- £11,971 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITY
ROAD WORKER – GRANGESTONE DEPOT, GIRVAN
As one of South Ayrshire’s largest employer we strongly believe in developing people to their full potential, for this opportunity we are working in partnership with Ayrshire Roads Alliance. Our Modern Apprenticeship Programme offers:
- Developing the skills and knowledge to carry out highway maintenance activities and operations.
- SVQ Level 2 in Highway Maintenance (SCQF Level 5)
- Work towards Roads and Street Work Card
- A range of Modern Apprentice Challenges to further develop your skills
- Any necessary core skills
- £6.56 per hour x 35hours per week. Shift pattern will be Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 16:00 and Friday 08:00 to 15:30
You will need:
- To be able to take instruction and direction
- To work as part of a team and complete tasks to a required standard with general supervision
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate and interested in working in a roads/construction environment
The Council provides a wide range of employability opportunities for people in South Ayrshire in order to support them in gaining experience, training and employment. This programme is part of the council’s youth employability initiative. We are committed to offering career development opportunities for young people within South Ayrshire and to comply with the conditions of funding from skills development Scotland, applicants must be fall into the following categories before the start date of 8 November 2021.
- 19 years of age or under
- 29 years of age or under and be a care experienced young person
- 29 years of age or under and have additional support needs
The closing date for this post is 26 September 2021, with the assessment centre and interviews taking place the week beginning 4 October 2021. The format of this will be dependent on National and local restrictions.
If interested in applying for this role applications can be submitted online at www.myjobscotland.gov.uk. For further information, please contact Jonny Baillie or Cherlene O’Donnell on 01292 612301.