- Location: Council Headquarters, Wellington Square, Ayr, Ayrshire, KA7 1DR
- Salary: £57,889 - £59,659 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
What is the role?
To deliver strategic plans and lead and manage a range of high-quality services which ensure continuous improvement and efficiency and which drive transformational change by promoting a positive organisational culture of empowerment, innovation and change.
The specific areas of responsibility will be determined by the Council’s priorities and may change from time to time. Currently, in addition to the post responsibilities outlined below, this post will have responsibility for
- Working with and influencing a wide range of stakeholders and businesses to develop and implement an integrated, place-based, approach to economic development and regeneration that enhances South Ayrshire’s economic profile; utilises available funding; secures investment opportunities; supports job growth; and encourages economic regeneration.
- Representing the Council’s interests in the Ayrshire Growth Deal and Regional Partnership and building relationships with national bodies to drive economic development across the region; boost employment; secure further inward investment; and encourage a single approach to business support and economic growth.
- Promoting town centres and localities as attractive, well-functioning places to live and visit and taking a lead role in developing, supporting and delivering Local Place Plans.
- Sourcing capital and revenue grant funding to deliver specific regeneration and economic development projects.
Please click on the option to download additional information on this vacancy to access the Job Description.
The Grade of this post is Grade 5 / Level 16, the hourly rate is from £31.72 to £32.69 and the annual salary is from £57,889 to £59,659. This is a politically restricted post.
Closing date for applications is 28 July 2019.