- Location: Unit 29, Hillhouse Industrial Estate, Argyle Crescent, Hamilton, ML3 9SZ
- Salary: £17,008.00 - £18,851.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Duration: Fixed Term 18 Months
Finance & Corporate Resources are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join the Employability Team, based at Hamilton Training Unit.
The successful candidate will provide a range of clerical tasks including -
- Carry out word processing, filing, faxing, and copying and mail logging/distribution.
- Prepare standard documents, letters, and reports.
- Update appropriate databases, ensuring compliance procedures are scrutinised
- Deal with enquiries and correspondence from internal/external customers.
- Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes and distribute minutes.
- Book accommodation and catering for meetings/training events
- Undertake reception duties and give general advice.
- Process invoices and orders through IPROC and reconcile petty cash.
- Arrange meetings and advise participants of details.
- Deal with confidential reports, memos, mail and enquiries.
You should possess excellent oral and written communication skills, excellent word processing skills, together with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel.
Additional information for internal applicants - As this is a Fixed Term position, prior to making your application, please discuss your potential application with your current Line Manager. In the event that you are being considered for this post, your release to undertake this internal fixed term opportunity would need to be agreed in advance and managed by the service/s or resource/s.
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employees and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.