- Location: Brandon Gate, Brandon Gate, 1 Leechlee Road, ML3 0XB
- Salary: £32,027.00 - £37,649.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Housing and Technical Resources wish to appoint a Structural Engineer to assist in the effective delivery of a comprehensive service relative to the Council’s Capital and Revenue Expenditure programme.
To undertake this role you will be require to have a minimum HND qualification in civil /structural engineering, with chartered status, or working towards incorporated or chartered membership of ICE or IStructE.
You will work within a team producing designs, assessments reports and contract drawings for Structural engineering works as well as Monitor and inspect the construction of structural engineering works.
Key Tasks of the Role are:
- Preparation of designs for structural engineering works
- Preparation of detailed drawings and specification documents for structural engineering projects, utilising specialist CAD and modelling software.
- Preparation of reports, studies and contract documents.
- Liaising with other external and internal organisations and the public.
- Working within a Quality Assured system.
- Supervision of junior staff and trainees.
- Other duties appropriate to the level of the post.
You should demonstrate a commitment to the principles of customer care, while displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales along with an awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history etc.
South Lanarkshire Council can offer and an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, up to 32 days annual leave, a contributory pension based on average salary and an excellent range of work/life balance policies.
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.