- Location: Hamilton Grammar School, Auchincampbell Road, Hamilton, ML3 6PE
- Rate: £10.80 - £10.96 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Community and Enterprise Resources
Location: Hamilton Grammar Auchincampbell Rd, Hamilton ML3 6PE
Hours: 35 hours a week
Community Resources seek to recruit a Cook-in-Charge to ensure the efficient operation and management of a quality catering service within a premise and to be responsible for the supervision of a team of Facilities Assistants (Catering).
Your responsibilities will include the allocation of duties, work rotas, basic routine training and maximising attendance. You will also be required to carry out clerical and financial duties associated with the catering function.
You will be responsible for preparing meals, ordering goods, carrying out quality audits and Environmental Health action points and complying with food safety systems.
Effective communication skills are essential along with the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your own workload. You should be a committed team player and be able to demonstrate previous experience of providing a customer orientated service.
Delivering a Fairer Future –Under the Council’s positive action programme, applications for this post are particularly encouraged from male applicants.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
Regulated Work with Children
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/publications/and click on Code of Practice for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
As the application process has changed, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the revised format and content of the form by clicking on the following link to access the applicant user guide - Applicant User Guide
Please note all correspondence with be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council / South Lanarkshire Leisure & Culture are Equal Opportunities employers and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Double Tick Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview where their previous employer was the armed forces and who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
- To undertake and ensure the provision of a quality service and advising management of any stock or quality control issues.
- Supervision of a team of Facility Assistants (Catering), including assisting with training; recruitment & selection; maximising attendance; team brief etc.
- To undertake cash counting, balancing and recording of financial transactions. (CDCH3).
- To prepare, cook and present a varied selection of menu items.
- To manage function work as required and the transfer food items within and out with the kitchen for serving.
- To undertake practical tasks in relation to the storage, preparation, cooking and service of food including the cleaning of floors, walls, food production areas, equipment and utensils.