- East Kilbride Social Work Office, Civic Centre, Andrew Street, East Kilbride, G74 1AB
- £18,806 - £19,390 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which is designed to improve the lives and prospects of everyone in South Lanarkshire.
The aim of Social Work Resources is to promote social welfare and provide effective care and support to meet the needs of vulnerable people in South Lanarkshire.
In partnership with community planning partners, voluntary and independent provider organisations, we offer a range of services designed to enable, support, improve and protect the health and social care of people using our services.
You will work within the physical disabilities team in Adult and Older people.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a community based occupational service on behalf of Social Work Resources, South Lanarkshire Council for people with disabilities, aiming to promote, restore or maintain functional independence and to ease the caring situation in line with occupational therapy principles, legislative responsibilities and departmental policies.
- To implement occupational therapy principles within the auspices of community practice, maintaining high standards of professional practice and provision.
- To undertake, in conjunction with clients and/or their advocate, comprehensive specialist assessments within the community setting.
- To formulate and co-ordinate care plans on complex disability related issues, in accordance with community care procedures.
- To provide direct occupational therapy service intervention in efforts to address identified areas of assessed need.
- To undertake specialist functional or environmental related assessments – complementing departmental operational and strategic functions.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
Regulated Work with Protected Adults and Children
This post is considered Regulated Work with Protected Adults and Children, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with protected adults and/or children.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
Please apply online.
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.