- Brandon Gate, Brandon Gate, 1 Leechlee Road, ML3 0XB
- £37,611 - £38,779 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Housing and Technical Resources wish to appoint a Mechanical Engineer to assist in the effective delivery of a comprehensive service relative to the Council’s Capital and Revenue Expenditure programme.
To undertake this role you will require to have a degree in Building Services Engineering and possess equivalent relevant experience in the use of AutoCAD/Revit and also experience in the use of computer thermal simulation software programmes would be an advantage.
You should demonstrate a commitment to the principles of customer care, while displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales along with an awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.