- Montrose House, 154 Montrose Crescent, Hamilton, ML3 6LB
- £21,497.32 - £30,147.35 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This Graduate Apprenticeship is a 4 year blended learning opportunity. During this time you will be working for South Lanarkshire Council’s Roads and Transportation Resource getting hands on, practical work experience. You will study at Glasgow Caledonian University to gain a BSc (Hons) Civil Engineering (Environmental Civil Engineering) and after graduation will continue working within Roads and Transportation and be able to gain the qualification of IEng with an industry professional body.
Roads and Transportation Services provides a range of specialist functions, including roads and bridges design, flood risk management, road safety, street lighting, parking, traffic and transportation engineering and provides an emergency response to extreme weather events and other incidents affecting the road network. With in-house expertise, the Service undertakes road infrastructure improvement and maintenance projects. The Service also deals with day-to-day network and operational enquiries, liaison with public utilities, road and winter maintenance.
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.
This vacancy is restricted to applicants who have recently attended a South Lanarkshire Council School and/or live in the South Lanarkshire Area.
You must be 16 years of age by 26/9/21 and must be no older than 18 years of age by 08/08/2021.
Or if you are disabled or care experienced, and aged between 20 to 29 years of age by 08/08/2020, you may be eligible to apply if you meet the rest of the criteria as South Lanarkshire Council and Skills Development Scotland recognise that disabled people and those who are care experienced can face challenges on their career journey.
The Graduate Apprentice will be responsible to the Manager or nominated Senior Officer throughout a period of significant work based learning, which involves a 4 year blended study period with approximately 1/5th of your time spend at university and remainder in the workplace.
- Gain a competent understanding of service provision within the Council and demonstrate continuous commitment to the personal development review process.
- Liaise effectively with Managers, Resources and Elected Members as and when required.
- Carry out all duties as directed by Managers in line with Council policy and procedures. In accordance with professional accreditation.
- Responsible for completion of blended learning Training Programme satisfying the academic requirements of the relevant professional body.
As an employee of South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)