- Council, HQ. Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £46,334 - £47,775 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
South Lanarkshire Council administers the recruitment process on behalf of SEEMIS Group LLP.
Location: SEEMiS Group LLP, Floor 14, Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA (Working from Home element available, subject to business requirements)
Hours: 35 hours per week (flexible working arrangements are available, subject to business requirements)
SEEMiS Group LLP seeks applications from suitable candidates for the position of Programme Office Manager.
SEEMiS Group LLP is the leading provider of Management Information Systems (MIS) to Schools and Councils in Scotland. It develops, produces and supports a range of MIS solutions that allow the statutory and discretionary responsibilities of councils and schools to be discharged.
As part of a significant transformation and change programme the Programme Office is established to effectively and efficiently manage SEEMiS programme / project delivery.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, you will be responsible for the setup and effective operation of the Programme Management Office (PMO) managing the reporting of overall status of all activity on the SEEMiS Work Programme and helping analyse, impact assess and prioritise any new proposals.
Working across multiple Public Sector agencies/stakeholders, you will be required to lead and project manage SEEMIS projects within the SEEMiS portfolio.
The role requires effective co-ordination of projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks, issues and changes arising.
The right candidate will have experience of delivering programmes of work on time and on budget, working closely with business colleagues, stakeholders, 3rd parties and suppliers.
You will be confident, engaging and enthusiastic about your work and genuinely want to help facilitate successful delivery, whilst helping to provide insight into the programme and projects within SEEMiS.
The Programme Office Manager will be responsible for the review and continued development of the SEEMiS project management framework including updating standards, documentation, and processes.
The role will involve working with senior managers and colleagues to ensure the SEEMiS programme / project governance framework is fit for purpose and assisting Development Managers and Senior Technical Leads across the business in using and adhering to the governance framework.
A key responsibility will be driving regular, concise and high-quality reporting on the programme/projects and providing support for resourcing and prioritisation/decision-making.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of project and programme management
- Strong communication skills including conflict resolution and experience of managing complex projects within a transformational programme
- High level of proficiency in Project management tools
- Experience of managing Agile projects
- Scrum Master qualification(s)
- Knowledge & Experience of SEEMiS Products & Services
- Interest / understanding of the Scottish Education System
- Organised and able to manage / prioritise a multi-dimensional, dynamic work load
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to take effective decisions
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Creative & lateral thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
Preferred Qualifications / Membership of Professional Bodies
- Prince2 accreditation or equivalent project management skills
Preferred candidates will be required to complete a Basic Disclosure Check carried out by Disclosure Scotland , prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
As an employee of SEMMiS Group LLP / South Lanarkshire Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave.
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema.
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please Apply online
All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
SEEMiS / South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum competency/behaviour requirements for the position.
SEEMiS / South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.