- Brandon Gate, Brandon Gate, 1 Leechlee Road, ML3 0XB
- £32,994 - £33,943 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
South Lanarkshire Council is an ambitious, high performing organisation with a clear vision and programme of action which is designed to improve the lives and prospects of everyone in South Lanarkshire.
Housing and Technical Resources comprises of 2 main service areas - Housing Services and Property Services which together employ over 1400 people who develop and deliver a comprehensive range of key housing management, homelessness, property and repairs service.
Housing & Technical Resources requires an Architectural Officer to assist in the effective delivery of a comprehensive service relative to the Council’s Capital and Revenue Expenditure programme.
You will be part of the Project Services Team participating in the delivery of South Lanarkshire Council’s Home Happening Renewal programme.
To undertake this role you will be qualified to at least HNC level in an appropriate discipline as well as having the ability to display excellent AutoCAD skills.
You should demonstrate a commitment to the principals of customer care, while displaying excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate previous experience of working to targets and pre-determined timescales along with an awareness of health and safety in the workplace.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
As an employee of the Council you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please note all correspondence will be sent to your email account.
South Lanarkshire Council is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.