- Council, HQ. Almada Street, Hamilton, ML3 0AA
- £17,519 - £19,416 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
A challenging role has arisen which requires a self motivated individual, with strong organisational skills, to provide a first class clerical support service to officers within our Personnel Services Section.
You will be involved in dealing with enquiries from internal and external customers and will be required to provide basic guidance on Council Policies. It is essential therefore, that you possess excellent communication skills and a commitment to the principles of customer care.
You will be required to demonstrate excellent IT skills including, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. You will also be required to demonstrate previous experience of maintenance, development and interrogation of database systems for use in the production of corporate standard documents.
This role demands that you work in a highly professional manner, exercising confidentially and discretion at all times and that you are able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
As part of our approach to good practice and safer recruitment we carry out a number of pre-employment checks for example, Identity, Asylum and Immigration and employment history.
As an employee of the Council, you would also receive a wide range of benefits including:
- Enrolment in award winning local government pension scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave which will be calculated into hours on commencement of the role.
- Public holiday entitlement (up to 10 days)
- Occupational sick pay
- Family friendly policies - flexible working and leave, maternity/paternity leave, enhanced leave
- Employee Discounts – including discounts at the cinema
- Range of benefits to support you (Cycle to Work Scheme, Physiotherapy, Employee Assistance Program which offers practical and emotional support)
Please apply online - All correspondence will be via your email address registered with myjobscotland.
Equal Opportunities and Armed Forces Community Covenant
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. As a user of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum behaviour requirements for the position.
South Lanarkshire Council is committed to providing support to members of the armed forces, veterans and their families which is set out in the Armed Forces Community Covenant. Veterans are guaranteed an interview who meet the minimum requirements for the position.