- Endrick House, Kerse Road, Stirling, FK7 7TE
- £59,688 - £62,502 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
Stirling is an ambitious Council and wants to take advantage of the area’s unrivalled location and rapid growth to provide opportunities and services for all its citizens and to encourage sustainable business development.
Every day we provide a wide range of services essential to enhancing the life of people living in or visiting the area. We want to ensure that the old and young are cared for; to provide support for those in need; to educate our young people; to care for our environment and enhance cultural and sporting opportunities for all. We want to drive economic development for the area.
This is an influential role, to work collaboratively with colleagues and Elected Members, to deliver Council priorities and outcomes. You will provide effective leadership in implementing transformational change and embed a high-performing culture, based upon public service values.
As Service Manager for Roads and Land, you will have responsibility for leading the Roads and Land service, ensuring that the following functions are effectively delivered– Roads Assets, Roads Maintenance, Road Safety, Structures and Flooding, New Roads and Street Works, Grounds Maintenance, Cemeteries Service, Play Areas, Tree and Woodlands, Fisheries and Street Cleaning.
The individual will have overall functional responsibility for the Services and to ensure that the council meets its legal requirements, supported by the Roads and Land Team. Key areas of work include:
• Ensure the effective management and maintenance of the roads, bridges, structures, footways, street lighting and associated assets.
• Co-ordinate and manage all activities on the road network including works by statutory undertakers & events.
• Develop, design and construct major roads, bridges, structures, flood projects.
• Develop and implement Flood Risk Management Strategies and Plans • Provide an efficient and high-quality in-house roads maintenance service.
• Manage and deliver an effective 365/24/7 roads and lighting emergency service to deal with all road related emergencies: winter, lighting, traffic signals, flooding, wind damage, subsidence, road and wall collapses etc.
• Manage and maintain parks, open spaces, burial grounds and churchyards.
• Manage and maintain children’s public play parks with a mix of play equipment for children of various ages.
• Manage the cemeteries service
• Undertake street care and cleaning in accordance with the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse
• Responsible for trees along roadsides, streets, parks and other open spaces throughout the Council area
• Ensure the effective deployment of resources and effectively manage budgets ensuring compliance with Council Standing Orders
• Working closely with Managers across Environment and Place you will have a key responsibility in supporting the promotion and communication of the vision and priorities of the Service, which are aligned with the principles contained in the Councils 10 year strategy.
You will be customer focused, results orientated, a strategic and creative thinker and an experienced manager who consistently achieves.
Analytical skills and astute political awareness and understanding are needed, together with a commitment to customer-focused public services. Working with our communities and public, private and third sector organisations, as well as colleagues and teams across the organisation, you will build and develop relationships to deliver improvements for the benefit of all our citizens.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from the right candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.