- Council Offices, West Dunbartonshire Council, 16 Church Street, Dumbarton, G82 1QL
- £26,150.82 - £28,030.46 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
- 35 hours per week
- Work From Home:
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Who We Are:
West Dunbartonshire Health and Social Care Partnership (WDCHCP) is a strategic partnership between West Dunbartonshire Council and NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. It brings together both NHS and Local Authority responsibilities for community-based health and social care services within a single, integrated structure.
WDHSCP covers the entire population of the local authority of West Dunbartonshire Council. The total population of the Council area is 89,130 and the main centres within the Council area are Clydebank, Dumbarton and Alexandria.
West Dunbartonshire HSCP’s vision is Improving lives with the people of West Dunbartonshire.
What you'll do:
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
· Provide confidential, comprehensive, professional secretarial and administrative support to the Senior Management Team. Minute taking experience would be advantageous, or a willingness to undertake training for this.
· Work collaboratively with all members of the Business Support Team and colleagues across the organisation.
· Have a good understanding of the HSCP’s corporate agenda and the services delivered via each service area.
· Extensive diary management and forward planning to include the management of meetings, functions and appointments across Council and NHS systems.
· Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests - handle as appropriate
What you'll bring:
These will include but are not restricted to:
· HNC/SVQ3 in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience
· Experience in working at a high corporate level
· Experience of working in a pressurised environment
· Experience of using Microsoft Office packages
· Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Interview date: TBC
West Dunbartonshire Council is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
The offer process for the successful candidate will include a discussion on whether the candidate may opt to be employed under NHS terms and conditions or under Council terms and conditions depending on current/previous employment taking into account factors such as continuous service etc.
Post 1: Full Time: NHS: 37.5 hours & Council: 35 hours
Post 2: Part Time: NHS: 18.75 hours & Council: 17.5 hours (This is a part time post and the salary will be pro rata to the number of hours worked.)
These are fixed term posts for 1 year.
Please use this link for further information and to apply for the vacancies:
WDC was voted one of the top ten flexible employers and prides itself in providing flexible working to support work life balance. In addition to this there are also additional benefits:
• Access to the Local Government pension scheme (LGPS) with an employer’s contribution of at least 19.3% and all associated benefits
• A minimum of 25 days annual leave, increasing a day each year up to 35 days as well as 8 fixed public holidays each year
• Access to employee wellbeing supports including occupational health & counselling if ever you need help and support
Now that you have read the role and what we have to offer, we would love to hear from you. Please use the application to tell us your experience, and why you are the candidate for this role.
For information about West Dunbartonshire Council please click on the following link and see why we are an employer of choice:
More information on the benefits of working within West Dunbartonshire Council, can be found using the following link: