- Location: Ogilvie Campus, Knightsridge, Livingston, EH54 8HL
- Salary: £19,389.00 - £21,829.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 27.5 hours per week
3 x 27.5 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year, salary pro rata
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 March 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Ogilvie School Campus is a school for children with a range of additional support needs arising from complex difficulties, sensory impairments, physical disabilities and Autism spectrum disorder. The school catchment area covers the whole of West Lothian Council.
The school is growing year on year, with the change of becoming a through school occurring at the beginning of the next academic next year. This will see the first Secondary pupils take forward their education at Ogilvie School Campus. The school will be undergoing significant change over the coming years both structural and Educational to create a dynamic and forward thinking establishment that will allow all pupils needs to be met in a nurturing environment. Effective learning and teaching is a priority and works alongside a nurturing ethos within the school. Staff are, creative, barrier removing and caring in approaches allowing pupils to access the curriculum appropriately. We are keen to celebrate every child’s individual success. Therefore, all staff set high expectations to encourage young people to be all they can be in order that they achieve their individual potential. This will allow them to leave school as effective contributors, successful learners, confident individuals, and responsible citizens.
The school is currently staffed by a Head Teacher, 1 Acting Principal Teacher, 12 teaching staff, 39 Advanced Pupil Support Workers and 3 Office staff. The school roll is currently 78 children. We are currently recruiting a Depute Head Teacher to add to the management compliment.
We are supported by a team of health professionals who regularly meet with staff, children and parents. School nurse (1 day a week), Community pediatrician, Speech and language therapists, Physiotherapist, Occupational therapist and Children and Mental health team
There is a very positive ethos across the school, staff, parents and partners work very well together to create a whole community to provide the best possible care for our children.
The key duties of this post are:
- to work with and support school pupils by undertaking a range of activities relating to the general supervision, safety, care and wellbeing of pupils under the direction of the designated teacher; and
- to act as a facilitator for the full participation and integration of children and young people with severe to complex needs.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- the ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge required to carry out the higher level duties outlined in the job description;
- a working knowledge of alternative communication methods; and
- the ability to undertake training and apply your learning to the care of the pupils with severe and complex needs (e.g. administering medication)
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.