- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £35,964 - £41,069 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 August 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
The Property Services function is responsible for the management of all the council’s property assets and undertakes a full range of professional duties. The team consists of professional and technical staff who are responsible for ensuring the council’s property assets are management effectively and efficiently in support of corporate priorities.
Based within the Strategic Property Asset Management Team, the postholder will perform a range of professional services encountered in the acquisition, disposal, leasing and management of a wide variety of properties of a commercial and operational nature, supporting both external and internal customers.
The post is a full-time, permanent position that offers flexible working within a dynamic, client-focused, professional service.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Demonstrate a strong customer care focus and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Be able to work as an integral part of a small team, at times under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Previous experience of commercial property management and valuation activities together with experience of acquisition, disposals, and rental negotiations.
- Be capable of pro-actively creating innovative solutions to property problems and implementing those solutions.