- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston
- £37,015 - £41,069 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Community planning is the process of taking community planning to a more local level in order than public services are delivered in a way which is appropriate to the needs of communities whilst delivering on agreed national and local outcomes. There is a focus on those areas in West Lothian shown to be the most deprived by SIMD information
The post holder will be responsible for analysing the needs of an area through statistical profiling, engagement with local workers and community engagement. Thereafter the responsibility will be in working with local front line workers across the community planning partners to adapt methods of working on the ground to best meet community need as identified and setting local outcomes which are in line with wider outcomes
The skills and experience you must have:
- Educated to Degree level
- Experience of operating in a complex/multi agency environment.
- Excellent oral, and written communication skills.
- Committed to partnership working
- Project development skills.
- Good motivating skills.
- Ability to take ownership of diverse workload.
- Experience of and commitment to a community development approach
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY