- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £19,389.00 - £21,829.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Current Vacancies – 2 posts - Fixed term until 31.03.2021
Monday-Friday 08:30-17:30 (flexibly within these hours) – 36 hours per week
Do you like speaking to people via the telephone, handling emails; social media and enjoy delivering excellent customer service? Are you confident and outgoing? Do you like administration and diary management ?
If so - please read on:
The Customer Service Centre is the contact center for West Lothian Council. We pride ourselves in the delivery of first class customer service. Working in a busy, challenging environment, you will deal with inbound/outbound calling; and enquiries via emails and other multi-media platforms.
We are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable people who wants to succeed in customer services. The post holder will work as a member of a reliable and effective team, managed through the Customer Service Centre. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers on Scottish Welfare issues, and when appropriate, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of dealing with the public via the telephone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
Successful applicants will be notified of dates for an Informal Information evening and interview.