- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £19,971.00 - £22,486.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Monday-Friday working flexibly between 08:00-20:00
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 31 May 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Do you like speaking to people via the telephone, handling emails; social media and enjoy delivering excellent customer service? Are you confident and outgoing?
If so - please read on:
The Customer Service Centre is the contact center for West Lothian Council. We pride ourselves in the delivery of first class customer service. Working in a busy, challenging environment, you will deal with inbound/outbound calling; and enquiries via emails and other multi-media platforms.
We are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable people who wants to succeed in customer services. The post holder will work as a member of a reliable and effective team, managed through the Customer Service Centre. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers and when appropriate, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of dealing with the public via the telephone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
Successful Candidates will be invited to an Information Evening, which is part of the interview process, on 16th June 2020 at 17:30. Following this, interviews will be held week commencing 22ndJune 2020. Please Note: No other dates have been set aside for the Information Evening or interview.