- Location: St David House, 20 South Bridge Street, Bathgate
- Salary: £23,143.00 - £26,015.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 28 hours per week
2 x 28 hour permanent posts, working flexibly Monday-Friday between 08:00-17:30
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 31 May 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Do you like speaking to people and enjoy delivering excellent customer service? Are you confident and outgoing? Do you like to share your knowledge and experience?
If so - please read on:
The Customer Service Centre is the contact center for West Lothian Council. We pride ourselves in the delivery of first class customer service. Working in a busy, challenging environment, you will deal with inbound/outbound calling; and enquiries via emails and other multi-media platforms.
We are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable people who wants to succeed in customer services. The post holder will work as a member of a reliable and effective team, managed through the Customer Service Centre. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers on Council Tax and Benefits processes and when appropriate, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of dealing with the public via the telephone.
- Have knowledge of Council Tax and Benefits processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
Successful Candidates should be available for interview week commencing 22ndJune 2020. Please Note: No other dates have been set aside for the Information Evening or interview.