- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £19,389.00 - £21,829.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 25 hours per week
Post 1 - 25 hrs per week, Fixed Term until 31 December 2020 (4pm until 9 pm, Mon to Fri)
Post 2 - 30 hrs per week, Fixed Term until 31 March 2021(11am - 5.30pm. Mon to Fri)
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
Do you like speaking to people via the telephone, handling emails; social media and enjoy delivering excellent customer service? Are you confident and outgoing? Do you like administration and diary management ?
If so - please read on:
The Customer Service Centre is the contact center for West Lothian Council. We pride ourselves in the delivery of first class customer service. Working in a busy, challenging environment, you will deal with administrating diaries for service engineers, inbound/outbound calling; and enquiries via emails and other multi-media platforms.
We are looking for outgoing, confident, hardworking and reliable people who wants to succeed in customer services. The post holder will work as a member of a reliable and effective team, managed through the Customer Service Centre. The team are responsible for providing confidential advice to customers and when appropriate, provide a wide range of council and community information to help customer’s access services, resolve enquiries, request services and deal with any complaints received.
The successful candidate will need:
- Experience of dealing with the public via the telephone.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be able to use a range of IT software packages with the ability to analyse information and input data accurately and concisely.
- Be able to assess and act quickly ensuring the safety of the customer
Interviews will be W/C 16th March 2020
Internal Applicants Only