- Location: St Margaret's Academy, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6AT
- Salary: £65,046.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per year
This position has expired.
Depute Head Teacher, St Margaret's Academy, 35 hours per week, Closing date 11th October 2020
St Margaret’s Academy is a Catholic secondary school situated in Livingston, West Lothian. The school has six associated primary schools drawing a comprehensive mix of students and serves the communities of Livingston, Pumpherston, Dechmont, Broxburn, Uphall, Winchburgh, Kirknewton, East Calder and Mid Calder. The current school roll is 1130 students with 90 members of teaching staff including those designated to support students with additional learning needs. The school’s free meal entitlement (FME) for session 2019/20 was 13%.
St Margaret’s Academy has an excellent reputation in the local community, particularly for the high standards of conduct and confidence displayed by students. In addition to the formal curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular activities are on offer. The school receives a high level of support and encouragement from parents. Attendance at parents’ evenings is very good, and information and consultation exercises are well supported.
- To ensure the highest level of attainment and achievement across the curriculum for our young people.
- To provide a high quality learning and teaching environment and curriculum that encourages each young person to develop their full potential encouraging young people to develop as responsible citizens, successful learners, effective contributors and confident individuals.
- To provide effective support systems to meet the needs of all young people which promote personal, social and spiritual development.
- To provide a welcoming, peaceful, joyful and happy environment, which actively develops confidence, self-esteem and respect for religious, cultural and social diversity.
- To provide high quality leadership at all levels.
- To help young people to play a full and active part in the life of their community and to encourage participation by parents, parish and the wider community in the life and work of the school.
The Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
The SLT consists of the Head Teacher, 2 Deputes (one with responsibility for Supporting Learners, the other for Curriculum and Learning and Teaching), 1 Acting DHT (supporting quality improvement, CLPL and assessment & reporting) and the Area Business Manager. The Extended Leadership Team (ELT) consists of five Heads of Faculty and four Heads of House (Student Support). Heads of House and Faculty Heads are Principal Teachers Curriculum with whole school responsibilities in addition to their curricular and support roles
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential.
Written approval by the Catholic Church will be required for this position. Please see www.sces.uk.com for further information.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Successful candidates will be required to join the Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check prior to commencing employment and the cost will be met by the candidate.
The fee for a Full PVG Scheme Membership is £59 or Existing Member is £18. The £59 cost (where appropriate) will be deducted from your salary over a 1 or 3 month period by repayment schedule. If your employment concludes before the amount is re-paid in full, the outstanding balance will be deducted from your final salary.