- Location: Bellsquarry Primary School, 52 Calder Road, Bellsquarry, Livingston, EH54 9AD
- Salary: £25,978.00 - £29,206.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
36 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year - Fixed Term until 16 August 2020, salary pro rata
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post.
The post of Early Years Officer (ELC) is a key post within the school management structure and will develop and promote high quality learning experiences for all children within the setting.
In consultation with the Headteacher and the early years team within the setting the EYO will also take a lead role for all organisation in the nursery and ensure effective partnership working with all stakeholders.
The post holder must have an HNC in childcare or equivalent and be able to demonstrate breadth and depth of experience in an early year’s educational establishment. Hold SSSC registration as a practitioner.
The successful candidates must also be willing to work towards BA degree in Childhood Practice within 3 years and complete a SQA module in Leadership. The post will become 52 weeks from 17 August 2020
For further information please contact Ruth McMaster, Strategic Resource Manager e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The skills and experience you must have:
- HNC /SVQ 3 in a relevant discipline to be eligible to register with the SSSC as a practitioner but be willing to complete the BA degree in Childhood Practice within a 3 year period of commencing employment.
- Have experience of working in ELC settings.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of experience in an early learning and childcare setting.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
- Must complete the West Lothian module in Leadership.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY