- Various Locations in West Lothian
- £35,964 - £41,069 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 August 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
As part of implementation for the increased hours in Early Learning & Childcare (ELC), West Lothian Council are seeking to recruit to the role of Early Learning and Childcare Area Support Manager to provide additional support to Headteachers to manage ELC settings across the year.
ELC settings offer placements between 7.45 am and 6.15 pm Monday – Thursday and a Friday morning, 50 weeks per year and the postholder will require to work flexibly within these hours.
The post of ELC Area Support Manager will be a key post within the school management structure and will be line managed by a designated Headteacher within the settings that the postholder supports.
The postholder will have responsibility across a number of settings in a geographic area.
In consultation with the Headteachers, the Lead Officer for Early Years and EY Development Officers, the Area ELC Support Manager will take a lead role for :
- Management of staff including covering staff absence when required.
- Organising and delivering high quality training and supporting ELC CPL at all levels.
- Promoting high quality learning experiences for all children within the ELC setting.
- Ensure effective partnership working with all stakeholders.
- Taking a lead role and participating in Quality Improvement activities as delegated by Headteachers, working in partnership with Care Inspectorate.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring all ELC settings comply with WLC Policies and procedures including Health and Safety, Complaints, Child Protection.
The post holder must hold or be working towards a BA degree in childcare, GTCs registration or equivalent and be able to demonstrate breadth and depth of experience in an early year’s educational establishment. The postholder must be eligible to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) as a manager.
For further information please contact Donna Adam, Strategic Resource Manager e-mail: email@example.com
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.