- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £37,747 - £41,482 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 28 September 2022. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Working within the street lighting team, you will take a lead role in the design and implimentation of new works and maintenance improvement activities for street lighting and other related infrastructure, including developing policies and procedures.
You will assist the Senior Engineer to ensure delivery of effective service provision and communication whilst promoting positive team working.
The postholder will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision and will be subject to political contact, regular contact with external organisations and the public and work in close partnership with other council services and external partners. The ability to meet own and team deadlines is vital.
The postholder will be required to contribute to the service commitment to Quality Assurance, Customer Service Excellence, West Lothian Assessment Model (WLAM) and other business and performance management activities.
The skills and experience you must have:
- HND plus ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma (or equivalent) Plus 2 years’ experience OR Degree in an appropriate numerate discipline plus 2 years post-graduate experience OR professional qualification to at least Incorporated Engineer level.
- Experience of street lighting design and maintenance and knowledge of current electrical wiring regulations.
- Project management skills and experience of managing projects.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Full driving licence.
There is access to a car pool scheme/service vehicles as part of the post activities