- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £30,107.00 - £34,349.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Fixed Term for 2 years
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 29 March 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
Finance and Property Services plays a key role within the council in supporting the delivery of frontline services to the public in West Lothian. As part of Finance and Property Services, the council’s Financial Management Unit (FMU) is recognised as a high performing team with a key role in supporting the council to make the most effective use of resources and to deliver high quality services to council customers.
An opportunity has arisen within FMU for the recruitment of a Finance Systems Section Leader who will play an important role in the development and implementation of corporate finance systems and business process improvements, while supporting FMU to promote efficient and effective service delivery. As part of a highly motivated and close working team, the postholder will require a combination of financial, analytical and administrative skills to deliver in a challenging role key to the ongoing development of FMU.
The post has responsibility for the ongoing maintenance, administration and development of the council's finance systems, management reports and accountancy support.
The Finance Systems Section Leader will manage and lead Purchase to Pay and Systems Officers to maintain the finance systems and help ensure the delivery of an effective payment, system support and financial reporting service.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Possession of an HNC in Accounting or related subject, membership of AAT or equivalent work experience within a financial environment
- Experience of working with IT finance and / or purchase to pay systems
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Good IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to recognise and communicate improvement opportunities
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering high quality work within tight deadlines