- Location: Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- Salary: £34,912.00 - £39,868.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Exciting opportunity to join a team managing delivery of janitorial, catering, school crossing guides and cleaning services over multi sites in fast moving environment.
The purpose of the job is to lead in delivering FM Services within a defined geographic area of West Lothian while promoting, developing and ensuring the delivery of a cohesive, responsive and co-ordinated service across FM services ( Catering, Cleaning, Janitorial and School Crossing Patrol Services)
Deputising for the FM Manager as and when required
The skills and experience you must have:
- Degree or similar level of qualification and experience of working at a senior level.
- Extensive relevant experience in facilities management in a multi-sited environment
- Experience of managing and working with multi-functional teams
- Evidence of project management skills
- Knowledge of Food hygiene/Nutrition legislation
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation / Risk Assessment
- Knowledge of Road Safety legislation relating to School Crossing Patrols.
- Understanding of the public sector in Scotland
- Ability to assess competing demands and determine priorities
- Ability to forward plan at a strategic level.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Considerable experience is required to effectively contribute to internal and external working groups and partnerships and to consider and react effectively to the implications of initiatives, developments and or changes to legislation
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY