- Location: Kirkton Service Centre, Lister Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BL
- Salary: £25,830.00 - £29,048.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The Gas Engineer is responsible through the Team Coordinator, for delivering the gas maintenance annual service and gas installations in maintaining the Council’s Housing portfolio.
The key duties of this post are:
- Ensuring the security and correct operation of plant and equipment supplied, to include vehicles, flue gas analysis meters and mobile data equipment.
- Carrying out the full range of domestic gas heating duties including
- New installations and upgrades
- Annual service and safety checks
- Repairs and maintenance
- All including electrical safety, design, installation, commissioning and certification to current regulations.
- To ensure all work is carried out, following safe working practices, risk assessments and safe systems of work and in compliance with the relevant health and safety and gas installation and use regulations.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Must have satisfactorily completed a recognised apprenticeship and hold S/NVQ in Domestic Gas installation and maintenance.
- You will need to hold current accreditation in CCN1,CEN1,WAT1,CPA,CKR1,HTR1 and DAH1.
- Have a high level of health and safety awareness.
- Working Knowledge of relevant statutory regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Good communicator with good customer care skills.
- Hold a full clean driving licence.