- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £68,136 - £72,322 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
36 hours per week, fixed term to 31 March 2022
Reporting directly to the Head of Service, the post holder will work closely with managers and staff across Housing, Customer and Building Services and will be the subject expert on key areas such as the Local Housing Strategy and associated work programmes.
The post holder will play an integral part in ensuring the service development agenda is implemented across the service, assisting in meeting performance targets, and in promoting and co-ordinating initiatives to secure continuous improvement.
A key focus of the role will be the delivery of new build council houses which will involve the development and implementation of the new build strategy. Managing the associated project plan and taking action to address any areas of concern.
Strong leadership and management skills and extensive knowledge of housing policy and practice are essential elements of the role.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Graduate in relevant discipline.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience of delivering large scale housing projects
- Extensive knowledge of housing policy and practice
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing, research, analytical and IT skills
- Adopts a creative approach on issues and service developments
- Ability to build appropriate and effective networks
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project management knowledge and experience
- Customer-focused approach
- The ability to operate successfully in a team and manage and motivate staff
- Self motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Maintains confidentiality when working with sensitive information
- Significant experience of public and/or housing sector
- Experience of managing large budgets
- Displays a customer focused approach