- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £30,107.00 - £34,349.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Fixed Term for 12 Months
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 March 2020. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
To support the Senior HR Business Adviser in providing consistent, business focussed advice on the effective application of HR employment policies and procedures with a particular focus on supporting attendance and promoting employee health and well – being.
You will play a key role in supporting managers implement measures to reduce sickness absence in the authority. A key objective is to seek tailored solutions for improving employee attendance levels through the application of the council’s Employee Mental Wellbeing Policy and crucially through the development of individual Employee Stress Action Plans. While line managers and employees will be responsible for driving forward any planned actions, the HR Adviser will support and monitor the ongoing implementation of those interventions/initiatives.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Graduate Membership of the CIPD or equivalent professional HR management qualification
- High developed interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience gained within a unionised organisation
- Ability to manage personal workload and operate with minimum supervision