- Location: Bathgate Partnership, South Bridge Street, Bathgate, EH48 1TS
- Salary: £22,468.00 - £25,264.00 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Fixed term to 31 March 2021
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 27 October 2019. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
This post is based within the Advice Shop where the successful candidate will work to promote financial inclusion and alleviate poverty through advice and advocacy in the areas of welfare benefits, money, housing and energy advice.
The successful candidate will also assist in developing the service and help with targeted campaigns with specific vulnerable groups
Preferred candidates may be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Literate and numerate.
- Previous experience of advice giving in welfare rights, money advice or a related field.
- Good manner in dealing with the public.
- Reasonable knowledge of law and practice in social security, money advice or a related field.