- Deans Primary School, Deans South, Deans, Livingston, EH54 8DB
- £23,143.00 - £26,015.00 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Fixed Term until 18 April 2022
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 2 May 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Deans Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated Nursery Nurse within our Nursery team.
The successful candidate will work as part of a forward thinking team, bringing a sound knowledge of child development and will respond to the individual needs of each child, providing high quality interactions and learning and teaching experiences.
Deans Primary School serves the community of Deans in the North of Livingston. Our Nursery class has a 40/40 capacity and consists of am, pm and full day learners. Nursery accommodation is attached to the Primary School and consists of a spacious learning room and a large outdoor area.
You must hold one of the following to apply:
- Scottish Nursery Nurse Examination Board Certificate (SNNEB)
- National Nursery Examination Board Certificate (NNEB)
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) – Early Years Education and Childcare (SCQF Level 7)
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) – Childhood Practice.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) – Early Years Education and Childcare (SCQF Level 9)
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 – Early Years Care and Education (SCQF Level 7)
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 – Child Care and Education (SCQF Level 7)
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 - Children’s Care, Learning and Development – (SCQF Level 7)
- Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 - Social Services (Children and Young People) (SCQF Level 7)
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.