- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- £31,008 - £35,382 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Planning Services are seeking to employ a Planning Officer in Development Management to work at Civic Centre, Livingston.
The purpose of the Planning Officer - Compliance is to investigate potential breaches of planning control, to monitor unauthorised development and assist in the enforcement of planning controls in order to ensure they are implemented in accordance with Government and council policies and good planning practice.
To provide advice on enforcement matters to elected members and the public, and to support the Development Management Manager and other colleagues by providing background and advice on enforcement matters. To draft enforcement notices and other legal notices required under the terms of the legislation.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- A degree in town planning or relevant equivalent discipline.
- The ability to read plans and interpret scaled drawings.
- A knowledge of the development process.
- The ability to work within a team and as an individual with the need for minimum supervision.
- The ability, and time management skills, to process a substantial number of cases simultaneously and to work to tight deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills and an appreciation of customer care to resolve disputes between parties to ensure minimal need for formal enforcement action.
- Familiarity with computer software and good IT skills.
- Valid full driving license