- West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston
- £31,008 - £35,382 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 6 August 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Reporting to the Procurement Business Partner, Procurement Officers are required to support the council’s strategic and transactional approach to procurement, ensuring that its supplies, services and works are procured compliantly and in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Procurement Officers are responsible for leading on sustainable procurement activities, supporting the Procurement Business Partner in developing tenders and providing procurement expertise throughout the full contract lifecycle, negotiating with and developing suppliers, analysing and acting upon spend data to achieve savings and investigating collaborative contract opportunities.
The Procurement Officer will:
- Support Procurement Business Partners in developing and managing regulated procurement activity across the Council.
- Develop, lead and deliver sustainable procurement activity within the overall work plan, to ensure best value for the Council.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to service areas and lead on all aspects of the procurement lifecycle including the sustainable procurement duty, climate change, market and supplier analysis and development, options appraisal, tender process, evaluation, data analysis and negotiation to ensure that contracts are entered into that meet the needs of respective stakeholders, follow the agreed Corporate Procurement Strategy and delivering best value for the Council.
- Ensure contracts are compliant with council Standing Orders and all Scottish, UK and other applicable legislation governing Public Sector procurement.
- Develop and deploy procurement expertise for allocated work plan programme to achieve Best Value procurement solutions are implemented.
- Lead on procurement related negotiations with suppliers to ensure benefits and efficiencies are achieved.
- Manage and develop excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, through regular contact and meetings.
- Contribute to the development of a performance monitoring framework for new and existing suppliers and work with Service areas to assist the development and management of supplier relationships, monitoring contract and supplier management performance.
- Profile procurement activity and develop contract strategies through the collection and analysis of spend and market data, an understanding of council requirements and an appraisal of current or future collaborative opportunities.
- Contribute to and deliver internal and external procurement training to develop procurement competency within the council and the supply chain, including Council Service areas, SMEs, social enterprises and the third and voluntary sectors.