- Location: West Lothian Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF
- Salary: £19,389.00 - £21,829.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 27 October 2019. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
The council’s Financial Management Unit (FMU) is seeking to recruit a Purchase to Pay and Systems Officer to work as part of a team responsible for providing high quality payment and system support to external and internal customers.
The post holder will assist in tasks relating to the purchase to pay process, including invoice processing and supplier payment, system maintenance and reconciliations, HMRC returns, customer support and banking and treasury management.
The post holder will require a combination of administrative, financial and systems skills to deliver in the role.
The skills and knowledge you must have:-
- Educated to higher level or equivalent work experience within a financial environment
- Good IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working with IT finance and / or purchase to pay systems
- Good attention to detail and methodical approach
- Good communication, organisational and team working skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment
- Experience of producing work within tight timescales