- Location: Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- Salary: £30,107.00 - £34,349.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
Reporting to the Senior Engineer – Roads Operations, you will be responsible for the effective supervision and management of Squad Leaders within the Roads Operations team by ensuring that resources are used effectively; and will work in conjunction with the Programming, Performance and Productivity Engineer to ensure that all works are programmed and planned to maximise the performance of the frontline operatives and optimise utilisation of plant and transport.
You will be responsible for the organising and co-ordinating of effective frontline services for a wide range of roads functions including road maintenance, cyclic maintenance, winter maintenance and construction through the provision of effective management and supervision of the allocated resources, ensuring the provision of a high quality service.
You will also be required to participate proactively in winter and emergency service during normal working hours and out of hours standby as required.
The ability to meet own and team deadlines is vital.
The skills and experience you must have:
- HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering or other appropriate professional discipline, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Experience of making informed decisions and the ability to organise and co-ordinate effective and efficient frontline services.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act, CDM regulations and other relevant legislation and regulations relating to the construction sector.
- Ability to communicate well in written, spoken and electronic formats.
- Ability to read technical drawings and plans.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY