- Location: Kirkton Service Centre, Lister Road, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7BL
- Salary: £22,311.00 - £23,684.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Building Services deliver both housing and non-housing repairs and refurbishment programmes using multi -disciplinary teams of approx. 400 operatives and 50 staff.
The key duties of this post are:
- The purpose of the job is to undertake high volume roof/render renewal projects covering all aspects of roofing and render work within West Lothian.
- The post holder will be expected to fulfil the job outline responsibilities/current tasks for the position of roofer/roughcaster either by working as part of a team or on their own.
- Deputise for Team Coordinator/Senior Operative when required.
- The post holder as required shall be expected to undertake other duties throughout Building services as requested by line management to ensure service delivery.
- The post holder from time to time may have to undertake any other reasonably required duties as instructed by Building Services Management Team or someone acting on their behalf, in addition to the role specific task & responsibilities detailed below.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate the successful completion of a recognised trade qualification (time served). (must provide documents).
- Candidates must have experience on large volume roofing renewal contracts involving concrete tile / rosemary and slate renewal.
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- High level of health and safety awareness
- Excellent team worker and flexible attitude
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, plan and work under pressure to deadlines with minimum supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a customer focussed approach
- Working Knowledge of relevant statutory regulations, standards and codes of practice.
- Good communicator with good customer care skills
- Hold a full clean driving licence.
Employees are entitled to discounts at over 90 local businesses and over 1000 nationwide and to promote the councils commitment to a healthy workforce we offer employees variety of services including physiotherapy etc
We know your life outside of work is equally as important to you so you’ll find we have a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
Suitable applicants who apply and match the essential criteria will be invited for interview possibly be before the closing date.