- Location: Various Locations in West Lothian
- Rate: £11.97 - £13.46 per hour pro rata
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
5.00 hours per week, 32 weeks per year,
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 December 2019. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are recruiting Part Time Youth Support Workers to our Work with Young People Team, to support the delivery of youth club activities and projects in various areas across West Lothian.
The Part Time Youth Worker posts involve:
- Working with groups of young people developing their skills for life learning and work
- Listening to young people’s views, interests, hopes and concerns
- Developing activity programmes with young people
- Encouraging and supporting young people to take part in positive activities
If you are passionate about young people and listening to their views, hopes and concerns; want the community to be a better place to live and are able to challenge your own and others’ attitudes and assumptions, then this is the role for you.
The role will require evening work, Monday – Saturday during term time. Most of our youth club sessions run for 2.5 hours per evening. The hourly rate is £9.07 to £13.36 and is dependent upon experience and skills.
We have vacancies in these areas:
- Blackburn - Friday Night Youth Club, Blackburn Partnership Centre
- Fauldhouse – Tuesday Night Girls Group, Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
- Livingston – Thursday Forest Bank Junior Club, Forest Bank Community Centre, Ladywell
- Polbeth – Thursday Night Drop In, Polbeth Community Hub
- Uphall – Friday Night Youth Club, Uphall Community Centre
- Winchburgh – Monday Night Youth Club, Wednesday Night Girls Club, Winchburgh Community Centre
- West Calder - Friday Night Junior Youth Club, West Calder Community Centre
- Whitburn – Friday After School Club, Whitburn Community Centre
We have vacancies in these Projects
- Helping Young People Engage (HYPE) After Hours, Monday Night in Livingston Station Community Centre
- Healthy Respect, Mondays and Wednesdays daytime delivery in secondary schools
The successful candidates will be dynamic, respectful and be willing to train and work differently to support positive change in individuals and communities.
Experience of designing youth work programmes in partnership with young people would be beneficial.
Candidates must have relevant youth work skills, knowledge and experience.
CLD Youth Services Recruitment Event, Wednesday 4 December, 6.30 - 8.30pm
Bathgate Partnership Centre
We are currently recruiting for part time and supply Assistant Youth Support Workers, Youth Support Workers and Senior Youth Support Workers to join our dynamic and creative team. We deliver a diverse range of opportunities for young people aged 11 - 25 within our community based youth provision across West Lothian.
This recruitment event is an opportunity for you to find out more about what being a youth worker entails. Your roles and responsibilities and what training opportunities there may be. Come along and find out about the application process. You will also have the opportunity to meet some young people and current youth workers to get a better idea of what we do.
This post is considered Regulated Work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scotland Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.