- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate, EH48 2EP
- £26,766 - £30,088 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 1 August 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds
Working within Roads Operations, the post holder will be responsible for dealing with the day to day running of frontline service delivery, co-ordinating and allocating jobs to roads squads / operatives.
You will be responsible for leading and supervising squads / operatives for the delivery of work instructions associated with road, footway, drainage, road markings, signing and lighting works, ensuring the safe, efficient and economical completion of work, whilst meeting stated quality standards and performance targets. You will also participate proactively in winter and emergency service during normal working hours and out of hours standby as required.
The post holder will also undertake the range of duties as a working member of a squad if required.
The ability to meet own and team deadlines is vital.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Appropriate certification to SVQ level 2 in Highways maintenance
- Appropriate NPORS or CPCS certification to undertake the use of specialist vehicles and mechanical plant.
- Experience of squad work in different works activities within a roads environment.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act, CDM regulations and other relevant legislation and regulations relating to the construction sector
- Ability to communicate well in written, spoken and electronic formats
- Ability to read technical drawings and plans.