- Whitehill Service Centre, 4 Inchmuir Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate
- £26,766 - £30,088 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Fixed Term for 2 years
The closing date for this post is provisionally set at 19 September 2021. West Lothian Council reserve the right to close this post early depending on applicant response levels
(Information for Internal Staff - Secondment opportunities must be discussed with your current line manager prior to submitting an application for this post).
We are keen to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and particularly from groups currently under-represented, including people with disabilities, those from minority ethnic communities or from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Contributing to the Council’s aim to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill and improve contamination rates, the post holder will develop and progress waste management initiatives, working intensively with the public on behaviour change to reduce waste and contamination as part of the Council’s Zero Waste Towns project.
The skills and experience you must have:
- Educated to a good standard, preferably to degree level in waste management or a related environmental subject
- Knowledge of current/pending legislation
- Must be numerate, literate and I.T. competent
- The candidate should be working towards associate membership of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management
- Experience of working within the waste management industry
- Must be able to communicate at all levels both internally and externally
- A good communicator